Friday, April 9, 2010

VISA BABY!

So I get to the US embassy at 7:40am on Thursday. Go through and submit my forms. The, ahem 'lady' behind the counter says we don't accept these forms now you gotta do it on-line! I explained I knew this but when I submitted, YOUR system was down. So I called and emailed and was told to do it this way.
She goes off, comes back and says:
'Yes, that's right but we are still not going to accept it,' go away and do another form!' - not even a SORRY came out her pursed up mouth!
Well, Emma was seething, in my mind I visualised leaning across the counter and taking her puny white scrawny AMERICAN neck and strangling her. But since I had to be on my best behaviour. I nodded, smiled and left to make another form.
I chose an early appointment so I could miss the traffic and get back to work. I was number 11 when I submitted the first time. I then had to sign out get all my bags, laptop and bombs that I had tried to smuggle in and walk to the MCA building to do another bloody form.
Got back to the embassy at 9:20am. Handed over my bag and bombs and went inside. I was now #85 and the place was heaving. Why do so many people want to go to the States? It's expensive!!!
My number after 40minutes was called up. A different lady - lucky for her (or is that me) !!!
I handed over the form, all in order now and went and sat down to wait.
Wait...
...wait..
...wait..
Finally, I am called up for round 2 the finger print scan and then back to my seat to wait.
And wait AND wait AND wait. This was the longest wait and I started getting worried. I realised the passport I gave did not have my Malaysian visa in it - oops...now they probably think I am an illegal here - the mind works exceptionally well overtime when one has had trouble with the likes of immigration before!
FINALLY, at 11:45 my number is up. This time it is the 'interview'
A delightful lady behind the counter, asked a few questions and noted I only needed a waiver not a visa. I explained that I had been denied and deported before many years ago and briefly explained what had happened.
She said that it was not here on record. I said it was under a different name. Ah she said.
Well then I learnt that even though British passports don't need a visa we still have to apply on-line for the waiver and from there (being the honest person I am) I would have been directed to apply for a visa because of the past.
SO. I was told I was a very good girl for being honest!!!
And no problem there you go have a visa. For what reason are you going she asked. I explained. She said cool. I said YUP. So they are not all ****holes I guess I can put the first ones unpleasant attitude down to hormones??!!!

4 comments:

sofiantriathlete said...

wooo hooooo
yeah baby

plee said...

Very Nice!

heckler said...

now you can do Kona every year up to year 2019 :)

Lawrence said...

Next stop, Kona!!!! Good for you Emma.