Monday, August 18, 2008

A lesson Learnt,Perhaps?

Congratulations to TTH and everyone else who completed Desaru this weekend. I was informed yesterday at breakfast from the announcer guy (sorry keep forgetting his name - but you know who I mean when I say "my good friend...),that a large number of participants did not finish Saturdays race. TTH did themselves proud by completing and competing very strongly and picking up some money along the way to deal with the nasty sun burn we picked up.
"My good friend" asked me what was up with my performance, "have you not been training?" he asked," Well I was in a calm, sorry, no buggared mood, so did not rise to the bait. I will post my take on the race a little later on today - it was interesting to say the least and perhaps a lesson learnt for this distance. (I said perhaps).
At 12noon on Saturday the mercury reached 39 degrees, and the one complaint that Sam brought to notice was the water stops albeit they were plentiful were only offering thimbles of water out of plastic cups. I was informed previous years had been bike bottles or bottle of water, even going slow and stopping on the run, grabbing a plastic 1/2 cup full of liquid was not enough to quench and cool.
Oh well, there will always be next year.
BTW: I am still buggared this morning. Not quite sure when my legs will want to work again.

5 comments:

Squirrel said...

Raslan? Razlan? Rozlan? Roslan?

Abu Soffian said...

Take it easy...U finished much ealier than me. Congratulation!

Stupid_O said...

man, you're not the only one. i've been walking funny ever since the race. and have to go off to jakarta tomorrow for work as well. which is so not fun!!! good race though :-) thank heavens it rained.

Squirrel said...

Pictures are up...
http://ivieong.multiply.com/photos/album/50/Desaru_Half_Ironman_2008

TriStupe said...

Razlan is his name where everyone is his good friend.

my excuse for not doing better than i should was my blisters of 6 weeks. What's yours?

You're fast on the bike and run, i guess that is already damn good!