Monday, October 12, 2009

Kona 2009

So Chrissie won again. And so did Crowie. Who is surprised?? Not I. Who is surprised she smashed the course record? Not I. Well done Chrissie! An outstanding athlete she just keeps going from strength to strength. So she did not lead out the swim...we can't be supreme in all disciplines though. Can we? The only female with a sub 5 hour bike time 4:52 in strong headwinds and heat. But luckily no side winds this year...so I was informed. And a 3:03 marathon sealed the deal. Not sure what else to say, except I can't wait to be on the same course as her next year. So I won't be on the same loop or ever in the same league, but to share the water, and tarmac with the worlds best as well as hundreds of others will be amazing.
My Langkawi head is now starting to kick into gear...a little more work before I notch it up but I would be lying if I said I was not already thinking of that date.
FINALLY HUGE Congratulations to my friends who raced this weekend in Kona, in no particular order, Carmen, Paul, Minsok, Charlotte, Bree, Gina, Kristian, Darren & Fred...now enjoy the downtime - :-)

No comments: