Monday, September 8, 2008

Telly Addict NO More

I have been spoken with the guys on runs and rides about this for a while now. Obviously TV show recital makes up a large dose of chatter in the mornings and Hayley, freshly back from her European summer holiday is the QUEEN of TV. Hayley can watch the whole series of 24 (never watched one show myself) back to back. Now I don’t know how many hours of viewing that is but my guess is ALOT. How she does it and stays awake I will never know because for the best part of a year now my attention span to that invention called the goggle box has been reduced to that of a 2year old.
I love sports and used to LOVE watching them too. Never missed F1, even followed football, lapped up the tennis, enjoyed the badminton, drooled at the rugby (come on what girl wouldn’t) and the list goes on. I have the US Tennis Open on TV right now as I am in my office typing this. I just can’t be bothered. I will watch for a little while and then switch off – not the TV just my mind will wander. TV shows get the same treatment. And as for films, I can't remember the last time I watched one from start to finish. BBC naturally is my favourite channel, I can watch reruns of all the classic comedies so long as it’s only 30minutes and then I inevitably have to get up two to three times during the show just to wander to the fridge to check to see if anything tasty has miraculously appeared since the last time it was opened 10minutes ago.
Me thinks I have a problem. It seems like many people, I associate watching TV with emptying my fridge of its contents. Well I stopped buying chocolate a while ago now and put blinkers on when I walk down the sweetie aisle when shopping. So you could say this blogging malarkey is a pretty good form of diet control.
Seriously though, once I have posted this I will go back into the lounge, sit down, look at the tennis and then get up and go to the kitchen. I have already eaten for God’s sake – WHY do I do that! Maybe I should just throw the TV out. Anyone want a Samsung Flatscreen 32” LCD?

1 comment:

Squirrel said...

Hey, you don't have to throw the TV away. Just store it at our place. We can take good care of the TV (ok. Not that we watch a lot of TV either).