Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Last Night & this Morning = OUCH

My Tuesday evening treadmill session started off an hour late due to unforeseen circumstances. Doesn't sound like much but when the body gets used to a scheduled sleep and training pattern, it can throw you.
I was already feeling worse for wear yesterday lunchtime after my swim. With the run complete due to the later time my energy levels were really lagging. I got off the machine with a severe attack of the munchies. Luckily a packet of salted almonds was tucked away for emergencies. They worked and kept the pangs away until I got home but the legs were on empty and I knew there was probably not enough time to rest and re energise to give Wednesday morning a decent effort.
Woke up this morning and my premonition was spot on. It is the first time I have headed out the door in 14weeks knowing that it was going to be volume only. The session is scheduled for 2hrs30mins, we usually go over this time and so my rule of thumb is give or take 15min either side. This morning however going along the KL-Putrajaya highway I decided to stick to it. Why give myself more pain then necessary? And so at 1hr 15mins I stopped on the highway, got off George and pushed him to the divider where I noticed the storm drain! Lifted George and then myself over trying not to fall on my arse in the cleats and then pushed him to the 'correct' side of the road to start again. Anal, Yes. But today very necessary. Posted my brick run, not too bad, but then 7-11's are aplenty in Kota Damansara and I used them as a quick 100PLUS pit stop today with relish.
Swimming later on, how it will go, I am not expecting much. Will turn up and see how. Pretty much how I sense the rest of the week is going to pan out actually - yep, it's another one of THOSE weeks :)

No comments: