Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Power of Vision

Last week I caught up with my good friend Harro, a fellow runner and great swimmer he is a triathlete work in progress (aka: trying to convince him to come over to the dark side)! Anyway back to the story.
Harro is one of the most positive people I know, he runs his own business and is very driven to succeed. He credits a lot of his positive thinking to many books on the subject that he has read. I myself have never subscribed to the 'positive thinking section of bookshops' but we do share the same train of thought. And where he has applied positive thinking in his business I have applied it to my triathlon goal.
He brought to my attention a story from one of his books; Moving Mountains' I believe, about a female athlete who tackled an IM.
Now we all know an IM is 10% physical and 90% mental (that's my theory anyway) and this story proves just how true that is. The mind and how you control it and use it in training and on race day is vital to your success.
So if you feel training is a little behind schedule OR you just want some extra inspiration, click on the excerpt to enlarge and read this rather amazing story.

No comments: