Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sunday Wheeze

I am watching the Flora London Marathon on TV. Hayley has just ran the first 5k in 20min48sec (and she has an injury!!) I am in awe of these super athletes - they make it look so damn easy. I have NEVER found running easy, I am not a natural and it came home to roost this morning how much work I need to do.
Running 90minutes with Randy, double hill and Carcosa and some, my legs hurt from a hard week (that's quite normal). More frustrating was I seem to have my asthma cough back.
Running along I know I was on a fine line, at 75minutes - WHAM. I tried to keep it at bay but then it crept into my head and a full blown wheeze attack ensued. I can not remember the last time I had one. I stopped for a few seconds, got it back under control and said to Randy, "okay, lets go."!
I have a lot of work to do if I want to do a good half marathon in Phuket, but that's all part of the challenge isn't it? Testing your mind and body to the limits!

No comments: