Monday, November 24, 2008

Protein PACKED!

Most of my money these days goes on food, and lots of it. Luckily I have never been a shopaholic with a penchant for shoes and clothes I won’t wear. But I DO like food shopping! Always on the lookout for something new to try I found this cereal that packs a real protein punch for breakfast. It’s not cheap, RM24 per box (now you see why I am poor!), but it tastes great.
One serving gives 13gms of protein, 1gm of fat, 10gms of fibre and 30gms of carbs for only 140calories. An Emma size serving is twice the recommended amount. So I get 26gms of protein, 60gms of carbs + the protein from my milk AND the extra vitamins from the banana’s, raisins, figs or whatever else I can find to throw in – YUM!
Goes down a treat after my weekday swims and means if I have late night training I am not going to overload and get bored to death with eggs ala scrambled or omelette!

No comments: