Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Thinking of you

I heard the terrible news yesterday first from Simon's blog, then Sofian's, then via gmail chat and then text messages. We have all heard the shocking news about Ngae who underwent emergency surgery yesterday for a brain tumor.
I am still staying to get my head round how this can happen to such a nice guy and also so suddenly? As I commented on Simon's blog it was just a few short weeks ago that he was giving me a Vaseline bear hug of good luck wishes on the jetty in IMMY. Full of his usual bubbly self, full of positive thoughts, he is an inspiration. So very humble in his achievements, he always has kind words and complements to say to me. Ngae is another of those guys I look up to, who inspire ME, and I feel somewhat inadequate in the giant shadow of his accomplishments that he humbly brushes aside; as if running 84k or crossing the Sahara was like any normal day.
Ngae, you are one of Malaysia's and one of LIFE's very unique and special people. You take on the toughest of challenges head on, and I believe you WILL like overcome this, perhaps the toughest challenge yet to present itself.
Wishing you all the best and a speedy recovery. My thoughts are with you.
Emma.

No comments: